- Eighty-Eight of London’s current, prospective and former clients
- Subscribers to newsletters/e-newsletters
- Registrants for showcases and other promotional events
- Representatives and contacts from other organisations and service providers
- Other recipients of services provided by Eighty-Eight of London Ltd
- Complainants and enquirers
- Eighty-Eight of London Ltd is committed to preserving the appropriate confidentiality, integrity and security of the personal data we process by complying with the Data Protection Act 2018 (which incorporates the provisions of the 2016 General Data Protection Regulation) and all applicable Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
What personal data do we collect?
- Personal/contact information: this can include your name, nationality, contact address, email addresses, telephone numbers, DBS certificate numbers, languages spoken, your child’s date of birth
- Payment information: your bank details for billing purposes
- Digital information: IP addresses, and details of your interaction with our website and social media, should you engage with us through these channels
- Images and video footage: any images and video footage of you taken during one of our events whenever you give us consent to do so
- Correspondence: information relevant to your specific enquiries or complaints
- Other: any other information you choose to provide to us.
When do we collect personal data?
Information we collect through our website
What is our lawful basis for processing your data?
- it is necessary for the performance of contracts with you
- it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests as a business. In these cases we will do so in a way which might reasonably be expected from our relationship with you, and which does not impact materially on your fundamental rights, freedom and interests. We will not process your personal data on this basis if we believe your rights override ours. Instead, we may seek your specific consent, and/or another legal basis
- it is necessary for compliance with legal obligations
- we have your consent to do so, for example in relation to marketing by electronic means
How will we use your personal data?
- to perform any contract we have agreed with you, or to respond to any enquiries you make in this connection before we enter into a contract. The lawful basis for this processing is performance of a contract with you or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract in respect of these activities and services;
- to respond to any other enquiries or complaints. We need the information you supply to enable us to respond.
- to protect our business from fraud and other illegal activities. This processing is necessary for our legitimate interests by ensuring the proper management of our business and financial risks.
- to provide you with information by post (or by email, with your consent) about other programmes we offer similar in nature to those you currently are taking part in or have previously asked about. Information we may process for this purpose includes your name, address and email address. This processing is necessary for marketing our services, which is a legitimate business interest. Please note: we will only send marketing information to you by email if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please email or write to us: see Contact below.
- to send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about changes to the services we provide you, for example, updates to this Privacy Statement, and any information legally required which relates to any contracts between us. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. This processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
- to administer our website, and send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. This processing is necessary for development of our services, which is a legitimate interest of our business. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you. You are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by contacting us
Who do we share your data with?
- Our accountant/auditors
- Online payment platforms (Apple Pay, WooCommerce, Stripe Inc)
- Website developer/Videographer/Graphic designer (photo and video footage: only with your consent)
- Institutions/businesses we closely collaborate with
How long will we keep your data?
- Right to rectification: you have the right to request that inaccurate personal data be rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- Right to erasure and restriction: you have the right to ask us to limit or cease processing or erase information we hold about you in certain circumstances. When responding to such requests, we will tell you how such restrictions or deletions may affect our ability to fulfil our contracts with you or otherwise affect your interests
- Right to object: you have the right to object to our using your information for direct marketing. You can also ask us to stop using your information, where we are processing it on the basis of our legitimate interest. We will do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding justification to continue processing your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent: if you have given us any specific consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw it any time. If you wish to tell us that you are withdrawing your consent, please email us at email@example.com